The benefits of coffee. Is coffee harmful to human health?Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world. People drink it for its caffeine content and taste. Coffee also has many health benefits. For example coffee can improve mental alertness
It can also help prevent certain diseases. However coffee also has some risks. For example coffee increases anxiety levels and can also lead to dehydration.
What is the origin of coffee
Coffee is a beverage made from roasted coffee seeds and is grown in more than 70 countries particularly in the tropics of North and South America Southeast Asia the Indian subcontinent and Africa.
Green coffee is the second most discussed commodity in the world after crude oil because it contains caffeine especially because it has a strong stimulant effect and coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world.
The ancestors of the Ethiopian Oromo tribe are believed to be the first Arabs to discover and understand the tonic properties of the coffee bean plant.
Coffee spread from Ethiopia to Yemen Egypt and Arabia and by the fifteenth century it had spread to Armenia Persia Turkey and North Africa from the Islamic world to Italy and then to the rest of Europe Indonesia and Arabia. us.
What are the health benefits of coffee
A cup of coffee offers more than just concentrate coffee is packed with nutrients that benefit your overall health and coffee is one of the richest natural sources of caffeine because it’s a major source of caffeine. Coffee is designed to increase brain activity and energy levels in the body and a cup of coffee is included in the following items:
- Many antioxidants can prevent many diseases.
- A source of vitamin B1 vitamin B2 vitamin B3 (niacin) vitamin B5 and vitamin E but in very small amounts.
- Minerals such as potassium magnesium manganese phosphorus and folic acid are very low.
- Polyphenols are the source of many of coffee’s health benefits such as:
- Chlorogenic acid which helps reduce carbohydrate absorption.
What are the general benefits of coffee
Coffee has many benefits beyond its focus its benefits include:-
- Increases brain activity and stimulates memory because coffee contains caffeine and is a stimulant.
- Prevent type 2 diabetes.
- Reduce the possibility of gallstones.
- Reduce the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s .
- Reduces the incidence of dizziness caused by reducing stress after meals especially in older adults.
- Mood improvement.
- Reduce feelings of depression.
- Reduces the risk of certain types of cancer before menopause including liver colorectal kidney colon and breast cancer.
- Reducing the risk of strokes.
- Protection from heart disease.
- When taken in moderation it can reduce the risk of hypertensive disorders.
- Due to its high caffeine content it is able to enhance athletic performance.
What effect does caffeine have on general health
Coffee comes from caffeine a natural stimulant that makes you feel more energized. But the caffeine in coffee not only wakes you up it also improves memory mood reaction time and mental function.
- Caffeine can improve endurance and performance during exercise.
- Caffeine isn’t the only substance in coffee coffee contains about a thousand different plant compounds that scientists haven’t fully studied.
- Coffee comes from beans and is a source of nutrients including B vitamins potassium riboflavin and antioxidants compounds that protect cells from damage.
What are the risks of drinking coffee
Coffee may be a magic pill but it’s not perfect. Too much caffeine can lead to dehydration stress and anxiety and too much caffeine can interfere with good sleep especially if you’re drinking coffee later in the day.
Experts recommend sticking to less than 400 mg of caffeine per day with one cup of coffee typically containing 80 to 100 mg of caffeine four cups per day.
What are the types of coffee
Coffee can be drunk without additives like espresso or with added milk and other flavors and there are many varieties of coffee including:
In the Middle East spices such as cardamom cinnamon saffron and ginger are added to coffee and its preparation. One of the benefits of dates and fruits consumed with Arabica is the antioxidant activity it provides.
Turkish coffee is one of the ways of preparing coffee in the Middle East and Europe such as: Turkey Iran and Greece it is characterized by a higher concentration compared to other types of coffee so it can provide many health benefits as it contains many nutrients.
Espresso is stronger than regular black coffee. It is prepared by exposing ground coffee beans to water vapor. It has a thick texture and can be added to a variety of coffee beverages. This coffee contains less caffeine than brewed coffee.
Decaffeinated coffee is similar in taste and texture to regular coffee except it contains very little caffeine and still contains the active beneficial body-friendly compounds found in regular coffee.
We’ve covered a lot in this article. From coffee benefits to risks we try to provide a comprehensive overview of the pros and cons of coffee consumption. Of course everyone’s situation is different.